Phase 1 - Loading
Day 1 and 2 (Loading Days)
- First thing in the morning, weigh yourself.
- Start taking the HCG drops. 10-12 drops under the tongue, 10 mins before meals on day 1, even though you are not on a low calorie diet yet. Your food on days 1 and 2 should consist of high fat and high calorie foods. Eat foods that you crave. DO NOT skip this step, as it is very important in helping your body reset its metabolism and fat regulation.
- You will and SHOULD gain weight on the 2 loading days, but don’t worry. You will lose it all within the first week; probably even the first day or two!
- If you are finding it hard to load yourself with fatty, unhealthy items because this is your second or third time on the HCG diet, here is a list of healthy items that are high in fat:
- Avocados - Olives Breads - Nuts -Seeds -Salad Dressing
*If you have MORE than 15 lbs to lose, you can use the HCG diet for up to 60 days.
*If you have LESS than 15lbs to lose, you can use the HCG diet for up to 30 days.
Phase 2 - Diet
Days 3 to 30 OR 3 to 60
- First thing in the morning, weigh yourself.
- Take the HCG drops. as directed. 10-12 drops under the tongue, 10 mins before meals
- Start your 800 - 1000 calorie diet.
- You may have any of the beverages listed on the shopping list in any amount with no sugar. Only one tablespoon of fat free milk is allowed in 24 hours.
Try to drink half your weight in ounces, of water each day. For example: if you weigh 140lbs, drink 70oz.
You can have a slice of sprouted grain toast and a grapefruit or orange for breakfast.
If you work out or exercise , you may have a boiled or poached egg before your session or a protein shake - use water or juice as mix.
- Eat 4oz of your choice of protein, baked, broiled, grilled or boiled.
- Choose 1 type of vegetable and eat a handful sized portion.
- You may also have one slice of sprouted grain bread or a rice cracker.
- You may have Low cal dressings from the List (in moderation) as well as Miracle Noodles.
- Also eat one fruit at lunch time or between lunch and dinner.
- Follow the instructions for the lunch menu.
- Do not eat the same meat, vegetable or the same fruit twice in one day.
Breaking a weight loss stall
Apple Day. If there is a period where you see no weight loss for 4 days and you are doing everything right, you may have an “Apple Day” to get off the plateau. What this consists of is eating only 6 organic apples for that day. Drink a small amount of water, just enough to quench your thirst when needed.
Steak Day. Eat Breakfast, Skip Lunch and eat a HUGE steak and saled for dinner.
Phase 3 – Maintenance Phase.
Congratulations on completing Phase 2!
Successfully following the instructions in Phase 3 will result in resetting your metabolism to a normal state. It will also reset the hypothalamus clearing off all the past years of yo-yo dieting and poor eating habits.
Phase 3 of the protocol is what we call the maintenance phase. This is probably one of the most important phases in the diet. When you reach the last day of your HCG intake, you must stay on the 500 calorie diet for an additional 3 days. This makes sure that all traces of HCG are out of your system before you begin to introduce larger portions of food back into your body.
When the 3 days are up you can now increase your daily intake of food, not increasing to more then 1500 calories per day. This part of the phase is continued for 2-3 weeks after the last day of the diet. You will now introduce things like dairy products and other healthy fats such as avocados back into your diet. Protein is the most important part of this phase, and keeping it at a good working level for your body type. The average person needs about 80 grams of protein per day (Nutritional Value) not to be confused with 80 grams of weight, but actual nutritional content. When moving from phase 2 to 3 people can be excited by the new food choices open to them neglecting phase 2 foods such as steak and chicken that give them the proper protein content they need. Though phase 3 is less restricted with food choices it's still important to keep up a high level or protein throughout your day. Adding things like eggs and cheese will help along the way. A little trick that I found is protein drinks or supplements. Making sure that you are not adding any sugar or high carbs, most protein powders are safe. A great tasting and also quality protein powder is Muscle Milk, there are pre-made drinks and also do it yourself powders available. These type of products are great for when your on the go and don’t have time to get the adequate intake of protein your body needs.
In this phase you must weigh yourself every morning after you have emptied your bladder and other bodily substances. Your weight should not increase 2 pounds from your last weight the morning before. If this happens you must have high protein day.
You can also have what is called a Steak day which consists of 2 eggs for breakfast a steak for lunch and a large helping of cheese followed by another large steak for dinner.
The reason protein days work is because protein is not something your body stores as fat so if all you consume all day is large amounts of protein your body has no choice but to burn whatever else it can find which is usually the fat you overate the night before. When you wake up the next morning you should find that you are now back to the weight you were before.
In phase 3 you are teaching your body stabilization which is why it is so important to stay on course. I know that once you are free to eat whatever you want temptation can become too powerful. But this is the phase in which most people tend to gain all the weight they lost back. I have failed at this phase more then once! Your body is getting use to it’s new weight and programming itself to keep that weight, so in the future when you start re-introducing fats and sugars your body will stand its ground and say “ Nope this is the weight I’m suppose to stay at!” which then tells your body that everything else must be burned and not stored. When you fluctuate your body is unsure what your weight needs to be and it will get confused on what items need to be stored and what needs to be burned which might not bring the best results.
Phase 4 – Your New Approach to Food.
In phase 4 when your weight has become consistent and stable you will start to re-introduce sugars and starches back into your diet. Starting off slow is always good. Don’t go binging!
A chocolate bar one day and some bread with dinner another day is a safe place to start. Start off slow and keep an eye on how your body reacts to these strange new items. Remember these are now foreign things to your body, it will take some time for your body to get use to burning them off. By the end of phase 4 you should have both the freedom and knowledge you desire! I say knowledge because through my dieting experience, I learned not only how to diet but how my body reacts to different foods. I also learned that there are a lot of fresh items in the store that taste a lot better then junk food. After this diet I preferred grilling or steaming to frying. I also preferred items with less sugars. I found great alternatives to habits such as candy and ice cream such as sugar free. I know looking at this one word comes to mind “Yuck” but really there are a lot of brands out there that taste the same as the real thing but have no sugar. Now even though my body can probably handle a little sugar, I actually prefer the healthier alternative. With the little things we learn from what is bad for us, we can slowly become healthier people and need diets in general less and less.
Maintaining your weight is important. If you go back to old eating habits your weight most likely will come right back on. Many have found that making a life style change is the solution. One idea for after the hcg diet is to find a eating plan that offers a healthy way of life, not just a quick fix. There are many healthy eating plans that offer just that. If you don’t mind going mostly vegan, than a plan such as a macrobiotic diet might be your answer. Eating a macrobiotic menu means you eat fresh locally grown foods. Items like whole grains, fresh vegetables, and soups will all be popular choices with a macrobiotic diet. However, if you are a meat lover this may not be the plan for you. Other plans that seem healthy are the Dash diet or even the Mediterranean diet plan. Do some research and find what works for you. There are a lot of healthy eating plans available, you just have to find one that allows foods to your liking. Lose the weight and maintain it for a life time.( from HCG plan net)
Shopping List Suggestions
Sprouted Grain Bread, Ezekiel Brand Bread (Super Store, Costco, Thrithy Foods )
Nature’s Hollow Spreads & Syrups
Miracle Noodles –Zero carb, ( Edible Island, Courtenay)
Fat Free Milk
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Walden Farm’s spreads, dressings sauces
Sugar-Free Low Carb Protein Shakes (1 scoop) –
Sweeteners. Stevia (Steviva), Truvia, Stevia Flavoured Drops, Xylitol, Erythritol, Maltitol, Splenda
Tea & Herbal Tea
Mineral Water and Perrier Sparkling Water
Drink Crystals (4C, Now, True)
Brisket, Roast Beef,
Chicken Breast (boneless & skinless)
Ground Beef, Ground Chicken
Lean Veal, Lean Steak
Fresh White Fish: (Halibut, Cod, Monkfish, Perch, Pike, Pollock, Sole, Whiting, etc.)
Crab, Lobster, Shrimp, Scallops, Albacore Tuna
Asparagus, Beet Greens, Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery, Chard,,Cucumbers,,Fennel, Lettuce (every kind), Onions, Radishes, Spinach, Tomatoes,Chicory,
Zucchini, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, Garlic.
Apple, Grapefruit, Orange, Strawberries, Plum, Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Cranberries, Peach. *Diabetics, eat only berries*
Spice & Seasoning
Allspice, Apple Cider Vinegar, Bay Leaves, Cayenne Pepper, Celery Salt, Chili Powder, Chipotle Seasoning, Cilantro, Cinnamon, Cumin, Curry Powder, Dill Weed, Dried Red Pepper, Dry Mustard, Fresh Ginger, Fresh Rosemary, Garlic & Garlic Powder, Green Onions, Italian Seasoning, Jalapeno, Marjoram, Nutmeg, Onion Flakes, Onion Powder, Oregano, Paprika, Parsley, Pepper, Sage, Savory, Sea Salt, Thyme.
Starting The HCG Diet
Before starting the HCG program there are a few things that you must have before the protocol can begin.
1. Accurate Digital Scale. Each morning when you wake up, you will need to weight yourself and record your progress. Without an accurate scale you may not catch the important fluctuations in your weight and correct them in time.
2. Digital Food Scale All of the protein for your diet such as meats, fish, chicken etc. Must be weighed raw before preparation of meals.
3. HCG Diet Support Drops. It is best to wait until you have all of your supplies as well as your HCG Oral Drops before you start.
The 4 Diet Phases Developed by Dr Simeons.
1. Loading Days. for 2 days Take the drops, 10 to 12 under your tounge 10 mins before you eat. Eat as you have been with added healthy fats to prepare your system for the program.
2. Diet Days. Follow the food list and steps below for 30 to 60 days
3. Maintenance Days. 2 to 3 weeks. Introducing carbs, fats and sugars one at a time while monitoring for weight changes.
4 .Your New Approach to Food.
Holistic Weightloss Consultants Utilising:-
Dr A.T. Simeons Origial HCG Protocal, and
Dr. Zach LaBoube's NEW HCG-2.0 Approach
Comox Valley HCG
Healthy Holistic weight loss support products.
We are the Exclusive Tree 4 Life Canadian Distributor.